Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Winning Memory

My favorite memory at WDW happened almost 25 years ago. Those were the days when you didn’t have tho wait in line with autograph book in hand. The characters actually actually freely roamed the parks. There were no crazed masses. People would calmly visit them and go on but it seemed so genuine.  I wanted nothing to do with it.  It wasn’t because I was 13. It was because I was terrified of anyone in a costume. The last picture my parents have of Santa and I is when I was 2 (and that was my dad). Well on this particular day we were on Main Street at Magic Kingdom and somehow Pluto snuck up on me. He didn’t hug me. He stuck my head in his mouth and hugged me.  It was great. Somewhere a 25-year old picture exists and I’m smiling.  I won’t say that there aren’t some that still don’t scare me a bit but on that day Pluto helped me overcome my fear. I really wish characters were still that accessible. But I do know that on our trip this summer, for the first time , my husband and I are doing character meals (7 of them actually!) and I’m going to try and catch up for some of the things I missed out on when I was afraid as I a child.


No comments:

Post a Comment